Sunday, September 2, 2012

Magnificent Magnolia

I am still feeling out of sorts after my recent eye surgery. (that's another story and another blog - Claire Heaney Cornea Transplant Diary) so I am gingerly just making my way outside.
At the moment I have limited vision in my right eye so judging where I am walking and crossing roads is tricky business. I have had to limit my time in front of the computer to an hour or so at a time.
But today I made myself get up, shower and catch up with a colleague for a coffee.
The weather in Melbourne is gorgeous today and I can't begin to tell you how my spirits lifted thanks to the combination of a caffeine hit and the emerging Spring blooms.
On the way back, when time wasn't so much an issue, I strolled down a lovely tree lined street, peering at the new blossoms.
Then, around a little laneway, I came across the tulip-like blooms on a friend's magnolia tree.
The port wine flowers are divine.
These friends have long talked about renovating and I always say "please do something around that magnolia, don't chop it down". To me, it has long since been a sign that Spring is here.
Further down the street, some vivid Camellia japonicas are equally as gorgeous. It is a great time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment